"Declare the Gospel to Mankind"

I am leaps and bounds ahead of where I was a year ago and even 6 months ago! I started thinking about a mission again and realized how badly I want to go, so I started to pray about it. I went to the temple, I studied my scriptures, and after 3 weeks I still hadn't received my answer, so I decided that I would just go for it and if I wasn't supposed to go God would stop me. A couple weeks ago I got my answer.. and it was not at all what I was expecting for hoping for. I got a "not now" again, for the 4th time. My heart broke. I'm in a way better place than I was when I first submitted my mission papers, so I thought that I would be golden and good to go, but I guess there is something else my Father in Heaven wants me to do. Now I just have to figure out what that is!

After I got that answer I was a mess. I didn't understand it and I still don't quite understand it. But after talking to my friends, family, bishop and most importantly my Heavenly Father I am re-realizing that I don't need to be a full time missionary to proclaim His gospel! I can share my testimony through my actions, I can share my testimony on social media and I can invite my friends to come unto Christ. Who knows, maybe I'll serve a performance mission! :)

I was sitting in the temple a few weeks ago and asking "What lack I yet?" and I realized that I treat my body like garbage! I do not take care of myself at all. I don't eat healthily, I don't sleep enough and I don't exercise.. that's no good! So, my goal is to learn to take care of my body and maybe with that I will be less anxious and be able to figure out how to declare the gospel to mankind. But what I've learned from this experience is that it is so important to trust in the Lord and His timing. I don't know if I'm supposed to go on a mission later, if I'm supposed to get married(shudder), or if I'm supposed to share my testimony through my music, but one thing that I do know is that my Father in Heaven loves me so much and has a plan for me. Even though some days I struggle remembering that I do know that it will all work out in the end!

Comments

  1. Kali had a similar experience. You should talk to her! You are wonderful and you can touch people on other special ways, that perhaps couldn't be done on a mission. We love you. aunt Julie and Uncle Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts