I Have Found the One Whom My Soul Loves


Kole Forest and I met the beginning of March on our spring break! My roommate Katie got together a big group of friends and we all went on a cruise! He was randomly in the group because he served his mission with one of Katie's friends, and I was randomly in the group because Katie is my roommate. I usually don't do stuff with Katie and her friends, so the fact that I even went on the cruise was random. :) But we met each other and really had an instant connection... as friends! ;) lol I friendzoned him right off the bat! He's 2 years younger than me, and I just wasn't interested in dating anybody at that time. So we had a blast of a week being the best of friends! We could talk for hours about anything and everything and had really good vulnerable conversations from day one. We just get each other. <3 We really had a blast together that week!

Anywho, so we get home from spring break and are still talking everyday! We went on a drive the night after we got home and had a really good conversation. He was there for me when I needed it and just listened to me and was there for me. That Thursday we went for another drive because he needed to talk some stuff out, and that was the moment that changed things for me. He was so open and vulnerable about some really hard things that happened in his life and it made me just want to hold him and love all the sad things out of him... in more than a friend way... lol I got home from that drive and was so confused. So, I called him because I had another story to tell him and we talked for 45 minutes and I just laughed and laughed. :) He makes me so happy! The next night we had a movie night with a couple of friends and watched Les Misérables! That dang movie... it really gets the feels going! ;) lol I needed some emotional support during I Dreamed a Dream, so I made him hold my hand... hahaha Anyways, we ended up holding hands for the rest of the movie... and then cuddling... and then kissing that night... well morning... ;) And the best thing? The next morning, we went to the temple to do sealings with some friends! He is a temple worthy, amazing guy!! 

So, actually before we kissed I decided that I was gonna go on a mission... and I was stoked! I met with my bishop as soon as possible and then started and finished my papers in one day! I had a waiting period before I could turn them in because I needed to meet with LDS Family Services, but that was okay! THEN things happened with Kole, and I was still going! He was so supportive and stoked for me. :) It was really nice!

THEN one night we went on a drive to just unwind and chill for a minute. We had avoided talking about what we were gonna do to keep dating during the summer, because reality isn't easy. So, he asked me what I wanted to do for the summer and I jokingly said "well, I want to be with you every weekend for the rest of my life". And after that came out of my mouth I laughed nervously as I realized that it was true... but about every day. ;) So, we pulled the car over and had the marriage talk! It was funny because I said I would have to get some serious revelation to not go on a mission... and boy did we get that! It was really incredible the spirit that was with us during that conversation. We were both freaking out and so terrified, but there really was such a beautiful peace about it and we knew it was the right decision. We weren't confident in ourselves, but we were and are confident in God and we know this is what He needs us to do. 

After a couple of anxiety filled days we both went to the temple individually to find some peace and guidance, and we did! We met up that night to talk about our experiences and after just a couple of minutes things were great again and things have been SO good since! There have been days where each of us have taken counsel from our fears, but when we come back to the revelation we received from Heavenly Father we're good again. 

It's so funny because I always said I was NEVER going to marry someone younger than me, and I wouldn't get married unless we had dated for at least a year... And here I am, getting married 6 month after we met to someone younger than me. But I seriously have never met someone more perfect for me. Kole is everything I have ever wanted and didn't know that I needed. I have never been more loved in my life and I cannot wait to start our adventure of a life together. September 1st can't come soon enough. <3 



Comments

  1. So adorable. Great story. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this story! Kole is a great man. I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts