A COVID Thanksgiving


My heart is heavy tonight. I had a conversation this morning with one of my mentors about Thanksgiving this year. She said to me “it’s only Thanksgiving 2020”, it’s hard to have people be alone, but if that’s what keeps people safe we’ll do it. I thought to myself, ya know... I agree. It’s only this year. But as my husband and I had to cancel our Thanksgiving plans, my heart broke. I’m tired of all of this. I’m tired of the anxiety over literally an illness. I’m so tired of the politics getting brought into this. I’m tired of the quarantining and how much it is affecting my job. I’m tired of being stressed over money because of quarantining. I’m so utterly exhausted from empathizing with the world around me. 

But I have to remind myself that this is only a season. This will not be forever. We will come out on the other side better because of this. I am lucky to have my little family of Kole & me... not everyone has even that. I’m grateful for my job, my schooling, our home. I have so much to be grateful for, but this weight from COVID is exhausting to carry. Grieve for the Thanksgiving that you wish you were having. Grieve for the people you love and miss so dearly. Give yourself the space to grieve for what you have lost... and then you can find space to be grateful for what you have found. 




Comments

Popular Posts