"O God, where are thou?"

I was talking to a friend the other day who complimented me on my spirituality and was surprised to learn some of the things I've been through on my journey. Life has not been easy for me, or anyone else for that matter... but I have decided to be so open about my struggles and heartaches because I want to reach those people that feel alone. 

I have faced a lot of hardships in my life, especially the past 5 or 6 years. I have battled anxiety and depression and will continue that battle until the next life. I've been in a lot of toxic, destructive relationships. I have chronic illnesses and other health problems that seriously wear me down. I have days where I ask as Joseph Smith did, "O God, where art thou?" And I don't always get an immediate answer as I would like. BUT I testify that He is there. 
I spent too much time being angry at God for not giving me an easy, perfect life. I know what it feels like to turn your back to Him. I know that it seems like the "easier way". But having been there and back I can promise you that God's way is the best way. By leaning on our Savior we can have a "perfect brightness of hope". 

I still have days where I ask, "O God, where art thou?" But I can testify that He is by your side every step of the way. He is waiting for you to reach out to Him and let him carry you. My Savior is the reason that I have found hope, and I am eternally grateful for that. 



Comments

Popular Posts