The Power to Choose

God has a cool way of throwing things into your path at just the time you need them... even if you didn't know you needed it. Today was one of those days! I had an ex-boyfriend call me just to catch up today. We haven't really talked in three years, so I didn't know what to expect. I definitely didn't expect how fun it was to talk to him! :) We talked about a million different things, but what was really important to me was talking about the fun things we did together. I have spent the past three years focusing on the bad from that relationship, and from all the others, that I forgot about all the good times we had together! 

I chose to focus on the bad, thinking that I was doing myself a favor... which I definitely wasn't. I'm not saying to forget the bad, and in traumatic experiences that often won't happen. But what I am saying is that you can choose to remember the good. Chris Pine is a beautiful human being, but I love what he said! "The only thing you sometimes have control over is perspective. You don't have control over your situation, but you have a choice about how you view it." I have seen all sorts of people come out of bad situations on top of things, so you can do it too! Find the positive in everything you can, and if you don't see it yet... give it some time. It will come. 

Never forget your power to choose! <3 

Comments

Popular Posts