Let Yourself Be Loved!

When you struggle with anxiety and depression oftentimes you isolate yourself. You don't want to be a burden to people or you don't want people to worry about you. I think one of the hardest things for me personally is that I don't want people to see me so vulnerable. Most of my friends and family know what I've been through and compliment me on how strong I am.. I don't feel strong, and I don't want them to see me when I'm weak.

Find people that can see through the lies that you're good. Find people that genuinely care about how you are doing. Find people you can talk to. But most importantly, when you find those people... don't push them out. Let them serve you, let them buy you ice cream, let them love you!

I am lucky enough to have some wonderful friends that would do anything to help brighten my day. I talked to a couple of my good friends and told them that I was struggling with my anxiety and depression a lot more than usual. They immediately asked what they could do to help. I automatically said nothing, and people usually stop there. But later in the day one of my friends texted me and asked me what my favorite kind of ice cream was. A few hours later I was greeted by a couple of our buddies who came to bring me Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Ice Cream and a Chocolate Boyfriend. ;) 

I realized that when you get in that black hole of depression, there are always people who can be that light you so desperately need. Even if only for a split second you forget the pain you are feeling, they can bring little rays of hope into your life. When you don't love you, let someone else do it. And if all else fails, remember that your God loves you. His Son and our Savior Jesus Christ loves you. They love you more than you can imagine, and that love never faileth. 

Comments

Popular Posts