Unbroken

I came up to Utah State planning on majoring in music therapy. I knew it was an incredibly difficult program to get into, but I felt that this was my calling and that God would provide. I worked my butt off leading up to the audition, I felt that I had done my part. I nailed the audition and was confident I would get in, but apparently that was not God's plan for me. I came home and opened the letter with my roommates all around me waiting for me to say I got in... but I didn't. My heart broke. I spent the next few days basically just going through the motions of life, surrounded with darkness. I couldn't understand what God was trying to teach me and I had no semblance of peace in my life. That week I took a much needed trip to the temple and told God that if he couldn't give me a direction of where to go now to at least give me some peace. I didn't get any direction right away, but I got some much needed peace. <3 



I talked with my academic advisor and we came up with a bunch of different plans. I mentioned that I wanted to work with kids and she asked me if I had considered looking into Family, Consumer, and Human Development. As soon as she said that I had this overwhelming sense of peace and just knew that's what I needed to do. So now I'm moving forward with that and I am so excited! I'm planning on a dual emphasis in Family Finance and Child Development, two of my favorite subjects! :) 



Receiving that rejection letter was so painful for me because that is how I feel my whole life has gone, one roadblock after another. But "it doesn't matter about what happened yesterday, it doesn't matter about what happens to you. What matters is what you're gonna do about it." I am so grateful to have learned to just hand my life over to God, because He knows exactly what he is doing and it is what's best for me. I am so grateful for my trials because they have made me resilient! They have made me into the person I am today. I am someone who can get thrown down over and over again, but I will always get back up in the end. I am so grateful for the plan that my Heavenly Father has for me even though I have no idea what is in store for me. I know that whatever comes will be what I need. 



Wow! I watched this motivational video in my human development class today and was nearly in tears. This hit me so hard, especially with everything I've been dealing with lately. 

I listened to it and tried to take notes of my favorite things, but I would have written down the whole thing! So here's the video. <3 



Comments

Popular Posts